Getting Started With Mail Merge Sutra
In this tutorial we will understand how to start using Mail Merge Sutra.
A) CREATE YOUR MAIL MERGE TEMPLATE:
- Creating your Mail merge template is the first step for Mail Merge.
- To do so, click Mail Merge> Mail Merge> Create Template
- This will add basic standard columns required to perform mail merge
Note: Make sure the first row in your sheet contains column names such as ‘First Name’, ‘Last Name’, ‘Email address’ in same order. This is pre requisite for Mail Merge Sutra to run the functionality.
Also we suggest not to edit or change the name of standard headings inserted as this may create conflicts and not generate desired output from the tool. However you may add additional columns after the standard headers, there is no restriction for this.
Info: Any blank column headers in 1st row will not be considered in the functionality even if it contains some relevant data below it. Hence we advise you to provide column headings in 1st row to columns which has some data so that you can use it as a part of Mail Merge functionality.
B) IMPORT YOUR GOOGLE CONTACTS:
- After you have created Mail Merge Template and standard headers are inserted, next step is to add contact details. You can easily import your google contacts into the Mail Merge sheet.
- For Import click Mail Merge> Mail Merge> Import Contacts. Alternatively you can also add or copy paste your contact details in the sheet manually.
Add personalized data based on your requirement in Google sheets
- Once you fill up the sheet with all the basic details, you can add additional columns or any other data in the google sheet if you need to use this data as a mail merge field or just for your reference purpose.