How To Insert Attachment – From Drive
- With Mail Merge Sutra you can easily insert attachments based on your requirement. To do so, first upload or store all the relevant files in google drive and use our Insert attachment functionality to insert attachments.
- Mail Merge Sutra gives you two options, each with a different purpose.In this tutorial we will understand how to insert attachments using “From Drive” option. Let us discuss this in detail.
- Caution: Before you start, please note that your Mail merge sheet should contain “Attachment1” & “Attachment2” as column headers in order to insert attachments (both columns, without spaces and not case sensitive).
- As a part of better control, we by default add these headers in 1st step when you create Mail Merge Template. Hence we advise not to modify/delete these columns. All attachment links will be inserted in these columns based on your selections which we discuss below.
This option is suitable if you want to send attachments to few recipients or same attachment to all recipients
Let us understand how to do so!
Firstly select any cell in the row where you want to insert attachment .Then click Mail Merge> Mail Merge> Attachments>From Drive.
i) Once you click “From Drive”, a new window will open. Click Select File
ii) Select the file which you want to insert (do not double click) and click Select
iii) Once this is done, please choose the attachment column where you want to insert attachment link (Attachment1 or Attachment2)
Click Ok and you will now see attachment links from google drive updated in the mail merge sheet based on your above selections
Tip: If you want to send same attachment to all recipients, you can simply tick “Apply same attachment to all” checkbox. By doing so, it will add same attachment to all the rows in the attachment column which you select in step 3 above.
- Please do not delete the selected file from google drive unless all emails have been processed, else you may not get desired results
- Also note that if file size is 0 kb, it will not be processed.
- “Apply same attachment to all” checkbox will add attachment links in rows where Email Id is mentioned in “Email address” column. If it is blank, it will skip that row.