With Mail Merge Sutra you can easily insert attachments based on your requirement. First upload or store all the relevant files in google drive and use our Insert attachment functionality to insert attachments. For inserting Mail Merge> Mail Merge> Attachments
Caution: Please note Mail merge sheet should contain Attachment1 and Attachment2 as column headers in order to insert attachments (both columns, without spaces and not case sensitive). All attachment links will be inserted in these columns based on your selections
Mail Merge Sutra gives you two options, each with a different purpose:
- From Drive: With this option you can manually insert attachments for every recipient. Simply go the row where you want to insert attachment, select the file from google drive and then select the column in which you want to insert attachment (Attachment1 / Attachment2). This will insert file attachment link to the respective selections. For inserting attachments from drive Mail Merge> Mail Merge> Attachments>From Drive
This option is suitable if you want to send attachments to only few recipients or same attachments to all recipients
- Once you click “From Drive”, a new window will open. Click Select File
2. Select the file which you want to insert and click Select
3. Once this is done, please choose column where you want to insert attachment link (Attachment1/Attachment2)
Click Ok and you will now see attachment links from google drive updated in the mail merge sheet
Tip: If you want to send same attachment to all recipients, you can simply tick “Apply same attachment to all” checkbox.
Note: Please do not delete the file from google drive unless all emails have been processed. Also note if file size is 0 kb, it will not be processed. “Apply same attachment to all” checkbox will add attachment links to columns where Email Id is mentioned in Email address column
- From List : This option is suitable if you want to send personalised attachment to every recipient i.e different attachment to different recipients.
a) Firstly upload all your files in a folder in google drive.
b) In your mail merge sheet, list the corresponding file names for each email recipient under any additional column. You can freely add any column heading under which file names can be mentioned. In our below reference we will use File Names as our column
Caution: The filenames should be entered without extension (e.g. pdf ,doc). Also filenames are case sensitive and should match exactly with the source filenames. If filenames mentioned here have extra/missing spaces and other characters, then no files will be inserted.
c) Once this is done, you are now ready to select parameters based on requirements. For inserting attachments from list Mail Merge> Mail Merge> Attachments>From List
- Once you click “From List”, a new window will open.Select the folder in which all files are stored. Click Select Folder
Caution: If no folder is selected, individual files in main google folder will be considered while inserting attachments
2. Choose Folder (do not double click) and click select
3. Choose Identifier column (mandatory field).
Please select column where you have mentioned corresponding file names
Remember: Blank headers in 1st row will not be shown. This is a check within our tool to avoid conflicts arising due to blank headings.
In case of duplicate headings, Mail merge sutra will consider column header which appears first. Hence we advise not to keep duplicate headings if possible
4. Select Extension (mandatory field). In this step please select the extension type of the file to be inserted. This is required to identify which file needs to be considered while inserting attachments since there will be instances where there are file names with same names with different extensions.
Note: If there are same file names with extension doc/docx, then file which appears first will be considered. Same treatment applies in case of xls/xlsx and png/jpeg/jpg
5. Choose column to insert attachment (mandatory field)
Select the column where you want to insert attachment link (Attachment1 or Attachment2). Attachment links will be inserted based on your selections here
Click OK and you will now see attachment links from google drive updated in the mail merge sheet