If you are looking for an online tool that can help you do word processing online, then you need to have Google Docs. It is an excellent alternative Microsoft Word that allows users to create and edit a shareable document easily.
For those who are new to Google Docs, this tool is an excellent addition to your personal and business works. It is multi-faceted and multifunctional. However, it can also be overwhelming if you don’t know your way around.
The good news is Sutra Analytics is here to guide you on how to use Google Docs to create awesome content and collaborate with your team.
What is Google Docs?
Google Docs is not new. In fact, it has been around for a while now. Businesses are adopting the use of Google Docs because it can increase the efficiency and usability of the information.
It is a free, web-based word processor offered by Google as part of its complete office suite, Google Drive. It is available on all platforms and devices, all you need is an internet connection and a web browser. Google handles the tool and runs the software on the Cloud.
It can support different types of files be it .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, and .odt, which makes it convenient to view and convert these Microsoft files in your Google Drive. And being an online Word processor, Google Docs can help you share and collaborate with many people on the same document. You can also see the revisions, changes, and the suggestions on the document in real-time. It also automatically syncs and saves all the work on the document without needing to press “Save.”
With Google Docs, you can easily integrate other useful tools you have like Google Sheets and Google Forms too.
Benefits of Using Google Docs
- Accessibility. With Google Docs multiple people can have access to the document as long they have an internet connection. This flexibility is helpful for employees who are travelling and working from home.
- Free. It is absolutely free to use.
- Easy to Learn. It works the same way as Word, Excel.
- Import/Export Flexibility. It has no issues with compatibility.
- Version Control. With the access to information from anywhere that Google Docs offers, you will still have control of the version of any document that collaborators are working on.
Google Docs presents many benefits. If you are not using it yet, it’s time you do. To bring your team up to speed on the program, hire the services of Sutra Analytics now!